In chinese culture, 8 is the most luckiest number of all, making the upcoming date 8/8/08 a super-duper lucky day. To celebrate, I decided to have my first giveaway.
The prize pack will include 8 (of course) non-perishable Asian ingredients that I’ve used in recipes. Well, except for the ramen bowl, but everyone needs a break from cooking once in awhile. I’ve listed the item and the recipe in which I used said item or its fresh version:
1. Dried Soy Knots – Homestyle Vegan Cajun Chicken Fingers
2. Dried Wood Ear Mushrooms – Tofu Noodles With Peanut Sauce
3. Dried Rice Noodles – Rice Noodle Soup
4. Canned Young Green Jackfruit in Brine – BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches
5. Canned Lychees – Minty Summer Fruit Salad
6. Canned Young Green Jackfruit in Brine – Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos
7. Kung Fu Vegetarian Flavor Ramen Bowl – Kung Fu Vegetarian Flavor Ramen Review
8. Pickled Leeks – Chinese Veggie Chicken Salad
Now that you’ve seen what I’ve made with everything, here’s your chance to try it out yourself.
To enter, complete the following:
1. Subscribe to chowvegan.com via RRS reader or email.
2. Leave a comment on this post that you’ve done so and tell me which of the above items you would most like to try.
Comment must be made by midnight PST on Wednesday, August 6th; please only comment once.
Because the canned goods are on the heavy side, shipping is only to addresses within the continental United States. That and who knows what the story is for customs and sending food out of the country.
One entry will be randomly selected from the comments received and the winner will be announced on 8/8/08, making it their super-duper lucky day.
Good luck everyone!