Rising Moon Organics Butternut Squash Ravioli

Rising Moon Organics Butternut Squash Ravioli

Since I still have a bit of lunchbox fondue left over from my last post, I thought it might go well with ravioli. Someday I would like to try to make ravioli from scratch.

But not today.

Today, I need something kinda quick so I’m pulling out of the freezer a package of Rising Moon Organics Butternut Squash Ravioli. It’s vegan, organic and tasty.

They also have quite a few other vegan ravioli options, so far I like the butternut squash the best. It tastes like a cross between pumpkin and sweet potato.

Rising Moon Organics Butternut Squash Ravioli

Cook according to the package directions. Toss the pillowy ravioli with a little vegan butter or olive oil, (basically so the raviolis don’t stick to themselves in a big clump), then serve on a bed of sautéed baby spinach, surrounded by the cheesy fondue sauce. Top with a few basil leaves, and voilà, dinner is served.

Quick and easy – just how I like it! Thanks for this review. I’ve had other types of their ravioli, but I look forward to trying the butternut squash.

2. Claire says

i haven’t seen this variety yet at our co-op, but I will search it out. My hubs used to make pumpkin ravioli in alfredo, before we wised up, and this would be a walk down memory lane. Try them in some EB with fresh sage and toasted pinenuts- that’s my favorite way for regular squash, so i bet it would be good for these guys too. Ooh, and some shiitakes!

barbara – I’ve heard good things about them too.

Jennifer – I tried the garlic veggies one several times but I still like the butternut squash the best. Although I would like to try some of the other flavors sometime.

evestirs – Give it a try, I think you’ll like it.

Claire – Pumpkin ravioli sounds great. Maybe Rising Moon should make pumpkin ones for the holiday, that would be awesome.

Jessica – Thanks! It is delicious.

lisa (show me vegan) – I think it’s also the only vegan ravioli around here too, good thing it’s tasty.

i adore your blog and your quick dinner looks gorgeous!

and i also love rising moon ravioli! my favorite so far is the roasted vegetable, but i have yet to try the butternut squash. i’ll make sure to get a package next time im at the store. have you tried their vegan pesto?

Brooke – Thanks! I haven’t tried their vegan pesto yet. I’ll have to look for it next time I’m at the store, I bet it would be good with the ravioli.

Nikki – Thank you!

aleta meadowlark – Maple syrup cream sauce sounds interesting. Someday I’ll try to make my own too.

Olga – Bummer. I can see that happening to me. Maybe that’s why I put off trying to make it and just getting the raviolis at the store.

tofufreak – Hope you enjoyed it!

Judith – Me too, I like to stock up when they’re on sale. Maybe the store will have some of the other varieties I’ve been wanting to try.